Fried Oreo Cookies
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons of cooking oil
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon + 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 cup + 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- Preheat the oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix egg and milk together with a wire whisk or fork until combined. Stir in other ingredients until batter is smooth.
- Dip your Oreo cookies into the batter while the oil is preheating.
- Fill your saucepan with enough oil to cover Oreos cookies when you drop them in.
- To make sure the oil is hot enough let a few drops of the batter trickle into the oil and see if they start frying.
- When the oil is ready carefully release your coated Oreo into the hot oil.
- The cookies will puff up and brown. Continue cooking until desired color is achieved
- Remove from oil and set on a paper towel lined plate to cool.
- Apply powdered sugar if you please.
Recipe by National Cookie Network at http://thecookieblog.com/blog/fried-oreo-cookies/